Bobbi Kristina Will Make Singing Debut On 'Houstons': Watch Now!

'Being her daughter is a huge blessing, but also a curse at times,' she says of her late mother on 'The Houstons: On Our Own' clip.

Bobbi Kristina in "The Houstons: On Our Own"Bobbi Kristina in "The Houstons: On Our Own"

The moment fans of the Lifetime reality show "The Houstons: On Our Own" have been waiting for is finally here. Bobbi Kristina, after months of speculation that she would indeed follow in her late mother Whitney Houston's footsteps, will let the world hear her sing.

The new episode teaser, released exclusively to MTV News, shows the budding chanteuse in a private meeting with Ricky Minor, former producer and musical director for her mother's iconic performance of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV in 1991.



Get More: Music News

"Ricky Minor is a music director and producer," Bobbi says in the clip. "He did my mom's 'Star Spangled Banner' Super Bowl version, of course, and he did 'American Idol.' To say the least, he's huge. At this point, I wasn't sure if I was in the mood for meeting or anything, but I know this is an opportunity that my mother would love for me to take. I'm gonna take it and I'm gonna run with it."

The 19-year old songstress confided in Whitney's former voice coach that she was ready to refocus on her music because she stopped singing after her mother passed.

"I've worked with your mother for all those years, over thirty years, it gives me great insight to not only what great singing is, but the work ethic, because the talent is one thing, but it's really important to find your voice," Minor tells her. "How do you see yourself? Her influence, her spirit, all of that is already built in you. So it's really taking that and moving that forward."
Asked to describe her sound, Bobbi told the band leader for "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" that it was a compilation of "everything."

"I have a really versatile voice, so I don't really know yet what genre I'm going to be in," she says.
Before urging Whitney's only child to sing for him, Minor warned her that people would compare her to the late pop music icon, her father Bobby Brown and her grandmother Cissy Houston, but that finding her own voice outside of the family legacy was the key.

"Of course I'm going to be compared to my mother," Bobbi says. "Being her daughter is a huge blessing, but also a curse at times."

There is a tense moment of trepidation on Bobbi's part after she's put on the spot to belt out a tune, but after tempering expectations, she obliges.

Spoiler alert: MTV News can exclusively reveal that the song Bobbi will cut her musical teeth on is one of Whitney's biggest hits, "I'm Your Baby Tonight."

Whether her singing voice will live up to expectations will be up to viewers, who can catch the episode on the Lifetime network November 28 at 9 p.m.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12