Blythe bail doubled – but freedom still not certain


JANUARY 14: Portrait of Randy Blythe of American heavy metal group Lamb of God, taken on January 14, 2009 in London. (Photo by Will Ireland/Metal Hammer Magazine) Randy Blythe. CONTACT: Future Publishing Limited 30 Monmouth St, Bath, UK, BA1 2BW +44 (0)1225 442244 licensing@futurenet.com www.futurelicensing.com, www.futureplc.com
No guarantees: Randy Blythe
Randy Blythe’s bail has been doubled to $400,000 and the objection raised against him being freed has been overruled in a Prague court hearing which took place two says earlier than planned.
But that doesn’t mean he’ll be freed – the judgement is subject to the same appeal process that forced him to remain behind bars even after posting $200,000 surety following his arrest three weeks ago.
The vocalist has still not been charged for any offence, despite being accused of manslaughter after fan Daniel Nosek died in June 2010, a month after allegedly sustaining a head wound at a Lamb of God concert.
Band manager Larry Mazer says he’s waiting for an official letter explaining the judgement and detailing the conditions of Blythe’s freedom.
Meanwhile the musician has spoken in his first interview since being jailed in the Czech Republic on June 27.
Blabbermouth reports him saying: “I don’t know anything about any sort of incident. Since I don’t wear my glasses while performing I see little more than blurry outlines. The only way I could have come into contact with anyone from the audience was if I was protecting myself.”
Blythe says he’s spending his time reading, writing letters and keeping a diary. He’s hoping the experience will inspire a book and song lyrics.
Discussing the legal situation in the former Soviet bloc state, he says: “As far as a the police is concerned, I believe they have acted professionally. But in terms of justice, I honestly do not know what to expect. I thought that if I made bail I would be released.”
If he’s released and allowed to go hime, Blythe predicts he’ll “mow the lawn, spend some time with family and plunge right back into performing, so that I can pay for my legal fees. I have to help my friends earn some money so that we can live decently.”
He adds: “If I had to stay in the Czech Republic, I would see the sights, especially in Prague. I would follow Kafka’s footprints – and I would eat dumplings.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12