Katherine Jackson Speaks: "My Children Would Never Hold Me Against My Will"

Tells ABC News she is "devasted" her grandchildren have been taken from her.

Posted: 07/26/2012 09:00 AM EDT
Katherine Jackson
Ten days after Katherine Jackson was whisked away to Arizona for "rest and relaxation," causing a civil war within her family, the 82-year-old matriarch has broken her silence.

Appearing in a pre-taped interview on ABC News' Nightline, surrounded by her children Jermaine Jackson,Janet JacksonRebbie Jackson, Rebbie's daughter and — inexplicably — a marketing director for the Tuscon spa where she has been holed up, Katherine read a prepared statement from a notebook:
"I am here today to let everybody know that I am fine and I am here with my children, and my children would never do a thing to me like that, holding me against my will. It's very stupid for people to think that," she began.
Katherine went on to say she is "devastated" at losing custody of her grandchildren to T.J. Jackson, who was awarded temporary guardianship over ParisPrince Michael and Blanket Jackson this morning.
"Their ruling in court today was about the guardianship, and I think it was based on a bunch of lies. But I have a good idea who's doing that ... who's behind it," she continued, without naming any names. She went on to say she spoke to T.J. on Tuesday night and "told him it wasn't necessary for him to go down and sign up for guardianship, but I don't know who instructed him to do that ... 'cause he wanted me to come home before that happened."


"Before I left...I put everything in order with the appropriate people to take care of my children for me and it's really bad to hear that what's going on at home, and the children have been taken away — but I know that...I'll get there in time to get them back. And after I finish this, I will be on my way home."
As has been the case with nearly every public statement made by the Jackson family over the past two weeks, Katherine's appearance on Nightline raised more questions than it answered. For instance, why was she reading from a prepared statement? Why was she surrounded by her children and a representative from the spa? By saying T.J. was instructed to wait until she came home to file the guardianship motion, was the transfer planned from the start?
As for the biggest question looming on people's minds, why she didn't simply call Paris in the ten days she was away and tell her she was well and resting, Katherine says she willingly gave up her phone when she arrived at the spa and that her assistant Janice has been in regular contact with 14-year-old Paris and her brothers.


Paris, clearly, has a different view of the situation, as do Trent JacksonTito Jackson and Tito's son T.J., who is petitioning for permanent guardianship of the three children.

 The drama all began on July 17, when a group of the Jackson siblings, lead by Randy Jackson, filed a letter to fire the executors of Michael Jackson's will. Yesterday, Randy confirmed to Al Sharpton that the siblings believed Michael's will is a fake, and plan to contest it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12