Young Jeezy Releases ‘Its a Cold World’ in Honor of Trayvon Martin

Young Jeezy Premieres 'F.A.M.E.' Video, Issues Track with Jay-Z & Andre 300
BY:  John “Hennry” Harris
ATL trapper rapper Young Jeezy released a new track through his Twitter and Facebook pages in honor of slain Florida teen, Trayvon Martin, called “It’s a Cold World”.  The track was released hours before the verdict was read and serves as a somber reminder of the harsh realities we all are facing in this “cold world”.  The song opens to find Jeezy reflecting on slain friends and incarcerated homies.

Since the streetz commit the judge and the jury/before I go out like a sucker keep the fame and jewelry/first nigga the homie call when they killed his lil brother/met him down at Grady now I’m prayin for his Mother/why they take Lil Cam wish it coulda been another/I was just smokin wit him felt like I lost a brother/They killed Mikey went to serve a nigga ’bout something/I’m losing homies everyday I’m like please somebody else/If for nothin else  nigga imma do it for Trayvon/that’s on a stack a Bibles at least two or three Korans/
Somber and reflective Jeezy puts his feelings out there for the world to hear, to feel, hopefully to heal.
Jeezy said he is not trying to take advantage of Martin’s death. “I am in no way shape, form, or fashion am trying to capitalize off of the latest series of events,” he said in a statement. “These are my true feelings and my form of expression about it.” (Yahoo News)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12