Cee Lo Green Leaves The Voice



"Forget You" singer explains why he will not return to the show.

Cee Lo Green is tapping out on his gig at NBC's The Voice. "I'm not comig back guys," he announced on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Wednesday (Feb. 19). "I just want to … I don't want to wear out my welcome there, you know what I’m saying?"

The "F--k You" singer has been with the program since its premiere season in 2011 (he took a brief hiatus for Season 4), and says this is only the beginning of his relationship with the network channel.

"I'm going to continue my relationship with NBC," he promised. "I have a television show development deal with them as well, and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year. But yeah, I’m going to miss The Voice, too."

Instead, Green said, he's finishing up an album. "I haven't released an album in four years," he reminded.
"We're looking forward to working with him on other upcoming projects that will tap into both his musical and entertainment expertise," NBC's president of alternative and late-night programming, Paul Telegdy added, in a statement to Billboard.

Meanwhile, Green'll be joining Lionel Richie on his All The Hits All Night Long tour, Richie also announced on Ellen. "How do you mess up the equation completely?" Richie asked, and answered: "You make a phone call to my dear friend Cee Lo!"

The tour, which has already sold out on continents across the globe, kicks off again May 29 in Vancouver, and makes its way to the states the following day in Seattle, Wash. Select tickets are now available for presale on the tour's Facebook page.

BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.  

By BET-Staff
Posted: 02/20/2014 08:10 AM EST
Filed Under Music News, Cee Lo Green

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12