Introducing: Houston Texas's own Dominique

LD.jpg

 Love Dominique is an emerging R&B singer from Houston, Texas ready to take over the industry. With a voice that sounds like Tina Turner, T-Boz & Brandy got together to create a child, her music intrigues you. Her voice draws you in and I've coined it as simply "sex."

Her music although reminiscent of the 90's when R&B was at the top of it's game is very bold and edgy unlike anything we've heard in recent years. Her three song EP Wicked Heart is getting quite the buzz as it has been featured on online publications from Yahoo! Music to Vibe Vixen.

I had the pleasure of catching up with Love Dominique and asking her a few questions. Check out the interview as well as the video for the single 'Down' below
  • When did you start singing? I have been singing my whole life but professionally since 2009.
  • Who are your musical influences? I love Tina Turner. Her voice and stage presence is everything. I am also influenced by Toni Braxton and Brandy. I love low tones and raspy voices. 
  • What have you done thus far career wise? I have been featured in XXL, Vibe Vixen, Houston Press & Houston Chronicle as well as Rolling Out Mags. I have also had the opportunity to tour independently with my team to several cities last summer.
  • What are you currently working on? I am currently promoting my EP Wicked Heart. The first single Down was released last month and has been doing well. I am also preparing to tour this summer.
  • How is the process of recording your music? The process of recording Wicked Heart was awesome. I just went in and recorded real feelings and whatever was on my mind. As a songwriter it was therapeutic.
  • How would you describe your current project? Wicked Heart is my sexy take on love and relationships. True stories.
  • Who would you love to collaborate with? Azealia Banks, Kanye West, Brandy and if she ever records again Tina.
  • Where do you see yourself in the next five years? I plan to be recording music, touring and hopefully looking at a few plaques.
  • What advice would you give others that are going for their dreams? Never give up. Keep working at it no matter how hard it seems. Also, never let someone who was too scared to follow their dreams stop you from pursing yours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12