Lil Boosie Avoids Death Penalty, Secret Jurors Hop On Murder Case

Sunday, Apr 1, 2012 8:46PM Written by Cyrus Langhorne

 

Incarcerated rapper Lil Boosie can breathe a slight sigh of relief with reports claiming he no longer has to worry about a potential death penalty in a murder case dating back to 2009.

Although the death penalty is no longer an issue, Boosie could still face life behind bars when his April 30th trial begins.
East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III, who noted that Hatch's attorneys did not oppose his office's request for an anonymous jury, said jurors will be identified only by number "out of fairness and assistance to the jurors.'' "It's just something we thought would be better for the case and the jurors,'' he said outside the 19th Judicial District Courthouse downtown after a status hearing in Hatch's murder case. Moore said his office is not seeking the death penalty against Hatch, meaning he would be sentenced to life in prison if convicted as charged. Hatch also submitted Wednesday to a handwriting sample at the request of prosecutors. (The Advocate)
The murder case will now be looked over by an anonymous jury.
Moore said he can't recall an anonymous jury in a parish case since 1987, when three Colombians were tried for the machine-gun slaying in Baton Rouge of drug smuggler-turned-government informant Adler "Barry" Seal. Hatch, 29, is accused of hiring Michael "Marlo Mike" Louding to kill Terry Boyd, 35, who was shot to death through a window of his house Oct. 21, 2009. Louding, 18, and Adrian Pittman, 37, also are charged with first-degree murder in Boyd's death. Louding is charged in five other slayings. (KATC News)
Back in January, Boosie issued an open letter to fans and supporters alike.
"First, I want to than you all of you for supporting me through these hard time. Last month I was sentence to 8 years with credit for time served so i will have to do 19 months on that sentence. I go to trial for this murder charge in April so please keep me in your prayers. To all my fans who write me through J-Pay make sure you put your address so I can respond. Its hard to write every body back but I will try my best to do so. I would also like my all my fans to support Young Jeezy new album TM 103 hes a real n*gga with a big heart. I want to thank Plies, Yo Gotti, Marcus Spears, Jout Dallas, Earl Wayne and Jamarcus Russell for keeping it real with me and Pacman also. My daughter Iviona album will be coming soon so be on the lookout for it. Its HOTT!!!" (Ozone Mag)
In late November, Boosie was sentenced to eight years behind bars for drug smuggling.
Now, Boosie's lawyer tells us ... the rapper is happy with the resolution -- because Boosie is confident officials will allow him to participate in a drug rehab program so he can beat his addiction to codeine and other drugs. Boosie -- who's also facing 1st degree murder charges in an unrelated case -- released a statement to TMZ ... saying, "Don't worry about me I am getting help with my drug addiction and I am accepting full responsibility for the choice I made." Boosie adds, "I am going to fight the false murder charge till the end. Love you all." (TMZ)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12