News: "As Far As An Artist, A Rapper, A Human Being, There's Nobody That's Touching Him" [Video]

 
Sunday, Mar 18, 2012 9:52AM
Written by Cyrus Langhorne
 
With rap star DMX finally ready to comeback to his album-selling ways, producer Dame Grease recently spoke on what fans can expect from the one-time Ruff Ryders leader.
In Grease's perspective, X has never lost his star power despite multiple stints behind bars and headline-generating controversies.
"It's not even DMX 'coming back,'" Grease said in an interview. "I don't even want to say DMX is coming back. We could check a chart right now, and the sh*t is still waving. X ain't put out an album in a couple years. Everybody's aware of all the situations. He's got the controversy, the arrest, all the different things and all that. But as far as an artist, a rapper, a human being, there's nobody that's touching him. Like I always said, I came in the game with a lot of people that's great but he's a person to look up to from my standpoint." (Label Pushers)
No longer slated to drop later this month, X recently revealed his upcoming LP would likely be a one-and-done with United Music & Media Group.
Although DMX's first full-length in six years is slated to come out on March 27 via United Music & Media Group, the rapper says that fans shouldn't expect to see a new album hitting shelves on that date. "I don't see it being March 27," he says. "The fact that [the label] chose to tell me that makes me reconsider whether or not I made the right decision to f*ck with them. It's only one album, though. It'll be what it is. But I think [it will come out] second quarter, definitely." The Yonkers, New York-bred emcee also cited the label for not holding up its end of their deal. Overall, DMX says that his first experience at UMMG has been "extremely frustrating," and that he sees "Undisputed" being a one-off with the label. "It's like, what the f*ck, man?" says DMX. "Do what you say you're gonna do -- do me like you would do any other artist. Like, d*mn, stick to the f*ckin' script, you know? Mean what you say. You don't gotta lie to me." (Billboard)
As he continues to pile up new music, the rapper recently revealed his intent to go for some crooner collaborations.
DMX has collaborated with an impressive list of female singers throughout his career including Mary J. Blige, Monica, Faith Evans and the late Aaliyah, the latter whom he crafted the track "Back in One Piece" with and starred alongside in the movie Romeo Must Die (2000). If X has it his way, he'll be collaborating with a few more famous lady crooners soon, and at the top of his list are two very unlikely choices. "Sade and Adele," X recently told XXLMag.com. When asked why, the Dog gave off-the-cuff responses. "I love chubby girls," he said in reference to the ultra-talented Adele, who won six Grammys, including Album of the Year, in February. As for Sade: "I love her," he simply said. (XXL Mag)
With X currently gearing up to release a new album, SOHH recently hit up his close friend/producer, Cavie, to get his take on the rapper's growing buzz.
"X is a great guy, man, and me being a part of his second coming is phenomenal," Cavie told SOHH. "He's a talented, gifted superstar that we're blessed to see right now. I consider him a friend and a peer, along with a co-worker. It's great. He's somebody that could have rapped with Pac or Biggie, man, he's a legend. I'm happy to see him rising back and getting his strength back, with all of the fans that missed him and love him. Looking at his mental state, he's very strong. He's not the guy that everyone paints the picture of him to be. ... When I pull up a track and he hears it, he goes in. He told me I'm his favorite producer as of now. DMX told me I'm his favorite producer." (SOHH)
Check out Dame Grease's interview below:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12