#LatePass: Anita Baker Covers Tyrese’s “Lately” [AUDIO]


anita baerEvidently I do in fact live under a rock. Somehow I missed one of my favorite singers of all time, Anita Baker covering one of my favorite Tyrese tunes, “Lately.” In the name of all that is holy, someone out there is hearing my prayers. I love covers, especially when they’re done exceptionally well to where they’re not competing with the original because they’ve made it so much their own.
And that’s exactly what Ms. Anita has done. Her sweet, deep-rooted vocals dance along “Lately” so effortlessly, you would swear it was hers. Turns out the single is the first off Anita’s upcoming album–the first in 10 years–”Only Forever.” Can’t wait!
Listen To Anita Lace Tyrese’s “Lately” Below:
Sound off in the comments section below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12