Mariah Carey Reveals Plans For New Album Release This Summer!

Mariah Carey talks her new single, 'Triumphant'


Mariah Carey talks her new single, 'Triumphant'

As if Mariah Carey's success wasn't enough to inspire "American Idol" contenders-to-be, the new "Idol" judge's latest single should offer plenty of motivation.
On Thursday, Carey's song "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" hit the radio, and, as expected, its lyrics encourage listeners to "reach for the stars."
"I wrote TRIUMPHANT when I was going through a difficult time & it helped me get through it," Carey said of the song last month. "When u hear it, pay attention 2 the lyrics."



The mom of twins added that this is a song that's "very close" to her heart, and co-writer/co-producer Bryan-Michael Cox said as much to MTV.
"This song is kind of inspirational," Cox said. "I think her fans are going to really, really be emotionally attached to this song."
Carey collaborated with rappers Meek Mill and Rick Ross on the single, and she said in a press call Thursday that Meek brought "an excitement, a newness to the record that is pretty rare right now," Billboard reports.
"Working with Ross and Meek on the same record was incredible," Carey added. "Obviously, Ross is a star and everybody loves him. I'm a fan of his music. I really, really wanted to work with him. ... I always like to do collaborations that people might think are different."
"Triumphant" is the first single off Carey's upcoming album, and she said Thursday that she's "collaborating with a lot of my favorite people" on the currently untitled record.
"The main thing is that I'm not trying to follow any particular trend," Carey said. "I want it to be well-received. I want to stay true to myself and the music that I love and make the fans happy."

Pssssstttt...


Carey also spoke about her upcoming album, revealing, "I'm collaborating with a lot of my favorite people, but the main thing is [that] I'm not trying to follow any particular trend. I want it to be well-received. I want to stay true to myself and the music that I love and make the fans happy."
Despite R&B playing a large role in mainstream pop, Carey expressed hopes that the genre would return to "the days where R&B songs didn't have to cross over. . . It makes me sad there are so many talented R&B artist that don't get the chance that they should," she said.
Carey's last non-Christmas studio album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, was released in 2009. She recently signed on as a judge on American Idol for $18 million.

A B-13 Peer Review Exlusive: (Official Music Video)


Mariah Carey Triumphant Get Em Official Video

B-13 Peer Review:

"Mariah delivers once again this is a very positive uplifting song that is very much needed."

What do you think? Sound Off Below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12