Winning: Michelle Williams Joins Cast Of ‘FELA’


Michelle Williams fela Winning: Michelle Williams Joins Cast Of FELA
Michelle Williams is certainly carving out quite the Destiny of her own.
For in the midst of releasing a number of solo albums, the Destiny’s Child star has sung her way onto Broadway – starring in big budget productions such as ‘Aida’, ‘Chicago’, ‘The Color Purple’, ‘What My Husband Doesn’t Know’, and now ‘FELA’.
Today brought with it the announcement that Williams has signed on to star in the hit production which chronicles the life and music of late Nigerian superstar Fela Kuti. The 31 year old will take on the role of Sandra Isadore during the show’s US tour this year.
Speaking of her addition to the ‘FELA’ family, Williams said:
“I am thrilled to join the cast of FELA. This musical journey is the one that I’ve wanted to be with since I first saw it on stage. The sounds, the passion and the politics of Fela Kuti have long intrigued me and speak to my heart. I am simply honored.”
***********
Congrats are no doubt in order for the talented singer-actress. More power to her! 

Your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12