Iggy Azalea Says She Aims to Be A ‘Classic’ Artist for New Generation

Iggy Azalea

The Hustle Gang artist also talked about one of her first songs, “P****,” and how she has evolved and moved on to bigger and better things, such as collaborations with her friend, Troubleman himself, T.I…
 
“I’ve come along way since then, I’m refined now darling, I’m fancy… T.I. is on my album. He loves to do songs with me, he pays me for it. Actually, if you ask him he’d say I pay him but really neither of us are making any money,” Azalea said. Iggy wrapped up the interview with a beautiful statement about how she found her musical inspiration and what she wants for herself and those of her generation. “I felt like, for me, living in this era and being from this generation, I’m 23, we are very nostalgic and we draw so much from generations from the past. So much so that I would feel like I would hear so many people my age and younger saying ‘our generation has nothing to offer, we just take everything, we just recycle everything, and those generations are so much better and the classic music is in the ‘90s and back. And I don’t think it’s that way.”

 “We have our own classic and people will be nostalgic about us,” said Azalea.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12