Woman With Soulful Voice Living On San Diego Streets



Divorce Led To Lotus Sole's Life On Downtown Streets

The story of homeless man Ted Williams and his golden radio voice has inspired many, including a homeless woman in San Diego with an amazing voice of her own.


"It's my passion," said Lotus Sole.

After the Williams story came to light, local homeless advocates introduced 10News to Sole.
Sole said she is drawn to Williams' story.
"I think it's very inspiring, considering I have a dream," Sole told 10News.
Sole's dream took a detour when she said a divorce left her emotionally crippled and unable to hold down a job.
In the past four years, Sole has spent some time in shelters. Mostly, she's slept wherever she could find space -- be it a trolley, benches or pavement. 10News followed Sole to a spot on F Street where she sometimes sleeps.
"I feel bad, like I have been kicked in the stomach. I feel less of a person," said Sole.
Through it all, Sole said her singing gives her comfort. With power and range, she sang two songs for reporter Michael Chen: a gospel song by Jennifer Hudson and "Fairy Tales by Anita Baker.
Sole said had voice lessons as a child and never stopped singing.
Meanwhile, she continues to hone her talent and her passion. Sole said she is hoping to shop several of the songs she's written to record labels.



To find out more about Lotus Sole, visit:






  • Lotus Sole Facebook page








  • YouTube: "How 2 Get Ur Man


    YouTube: "I Choose You"
















  • B-13 Peer Review:


    Lotus Sole'

    that's me STILL STANDING 'after all of that~ wow i know god would not bring me thus far and then turn around and leave me.... are you kidding me? Lots of controversy here and only one woman who can tell her story.....but trust me thiers alot of people perputrating Like they can tell it yet have not stood in my shoe's and certainly havent recieved my calling...imma tell you though b careful cuzz~ i got angels watching over me and his blood yet covers me, I know everyone wont understand!!!! So im still growning strong and you can also check my new Single out Called "can this be rea"l!!! Its on youtube its so the boom... Me and My Producer Dope` Lotus $ole' blessings and prosperety

    Woman With Soulful Voice Living On San Diego Streets - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego
    www.10news.com
    SAN DIEGO -- The story of homeless man Ted Williams and his golden radio voice has inspired many, including a homeless woman in San Diego with an amazing voice of her own. Friday, February 11, 2011

    .

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Foxy Brown says Jay-z took her virginity when she was 15 and he was 27″

    Top 5 Songs for Week Ending April 12